Re: Build versionless .so for Android

From: Peter Eisentraut <peter(at)eisentraut(dot)org>
To: Matthias Kuhn <matthias(at)opengis(dot)ch>, Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz>, pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Build versionless .so for Android
Date: 2024-01-05 14:57:23
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 05.01.24 01:00, Matthias Kuhn wrote:
> Attached a patch with a (hopefully) better wording of the comment.
>
> I have unsuccessfully tried to find an official source for this policy.
> So for reference some discussions about the topic:
>
> -
> https://stackoverflow.com/questions/11491065/linking-with-versioned-shared-library-in-android-ndk <https://stackoverflow.com/questions/11491065/linking-with-versioned-shared-library-in-android-ndk>
> -
> https://stackoverflow.com/questions/18681401/how-can-i-remove-all-versioning-information-from-shared-object-files <https://stackoverflow.com/questions/18681401/how-can-i-remove-all-versioning-information-from-shared-object-files>
What I would like to see is a specific thing that you are trying to do
that doesn't work. Probably, you are writing a program that is meant to
run on Android, and you are linking it (provide command line), and then
what happens? The linking fails? It fails to run? What is the error?
Can you provide a minimal example? And so on.