Re: BUG #17485: Records missing from Primary Key index when doing REINDEX INDEX CONCURRENTLY

From: Петър Славов <pet(dot)slavov(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>
Cc: Peter Geoghegan <pg(at)bowt(dot)ie>, Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)alvh(dot)no-ip(dot)org>, Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>, Andrey Borodin <x4mmm(at)yandex-team(dot)ru>, Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz>, PostgreSQL mailing lists <pgsql-bugs(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: BUG #17485: Records missing from Primary Key index when doing REINDEX INDEX CONCURRENTLY
Date: 2022-05-26 05:29:11
Lists: pgsql-bugs

On Thu, May 26, 2022 at 6:17 AM Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us> wrote:

> What do we currently know?
>
> * Caused by CREATE/REINDEX CONCURRENTLY
> * No way to detect which indexes were created concurrently
> * amcheck will be required to find corrupt indexes (options?)

Actually in the initial bug report I posted an SQL that is testing
sequential scan VS index scan to find the missing records in the index.
This is how we initially found the problem.
I am not sure how these missing records are related to the `amcheck`
problems because the `ctid`s does not match exactly.