Re: Simple question from a beginner: Can I use PostgreSQL as a file database?

From: Baum Kataster <treeclimate(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Wen Yi <UNYouth(at)hotmail(dot)com>
Cc: "pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Simple question from a beginner: Can I use PostgreSQL as a file database?
Date: 2021-05-25 12:01:00
Lists: pgsql-general

Basically, you can store binary data by using blobs but that is not the
best practice.
A better approach would be to store your information in the database and to
add a varchar column in which you store the folder and file name where the
file is stored on your computer. Then you can retrieve it from there
without bloating your database through excessive use of blobs.
You can find many good tutorials on PostgreSQL here:
https://www.postgresqltutorial.com/