Re: Postgresql 14 performance

From: Kenny Bachman <kenny(dot)bachman17(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Mladen Gogala <gogala(dot)mladen(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-admin(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Postgresql 14 performance
Date: 2022-08-21 18:55:26
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hi Mladen,

Thank you for your help.

Yes, the plan is huge, because there is a view object. The system has a
very low load today and there are 2-3 active sessions normally, no
long-running query.
I checked the activity view, and there is no wait event for my query,
which has a NULL value for the wait event column.

Here is my memory status:

total used free shared buff/cache
available
Mem: 251 6 1 24 243
220

How can we explain the cache doesn't work as expected? I mean, I expect
more performant the second or third time running because of the cache.
However, every time I run it I get the same exec time value.

Mladen Gogala <gogala(dot)mladen(at)gmail(dot)com>, 21 Ağu 2022 Paz, 21:28 tarihinde