Re: $foo $bar is BAD

From: Peter Devoy <peter(at)3xe(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: "Psql_General (E-mail)" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: $foo $bar is BAD
Date: 2016-04-16 02:00:59
Lists: pgsql-general

> Although people commonly use $foo $bar in examples, it is actually a misuse of a VERY rude acronym.

> The next time you need to make an example, please try being a little more original (or meaningful) with your variable names.

In light of recent CoC decisions, I would like to propose the
opposite. I think more expletives would
diversify the language of the documentation and lower the barriers to
contribution by individuals more
dispositioned to use colourful language due to their cultural and/or
socioeconomic background. O:-)