Re: streaming replication question

From: wd <wd(at)wdicc(dot)com>
To: Roberto Scattini <roberto(dot)scattini(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: streaming replication question
Date: 2013-03-22 11:04:04
Lists: pgsql-general

On Fri, Mar 22, 2013 at 11:27 AM, Roberto Scattini <
roberto(dot)scattini(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:

> On Thursday, March 21, 2013, wd <wd(at)wdicc(dot)com> wrote:
> > You can combine warm standby and streaming, we do this in our product
> database.
> > When the standby is to far from the master, the slave will try to use
> restore_command to restore the database(warm standby), when the standby
> catch up the master, the steaming will working again.
> >
> > BTW: we use ominipitr.
> >

> ok. tomorrow i will check that again. i think that when restore_command
> was enabled in the slave, the wal receiver proccess didnt appear (and i
> didnt see the changes inmediately happening in the slave).

I think you should use an other restore_command, in warm standby, the
resotre_command will not exit and continue check xlog files and restore
them, the streaming won't start when in restore. Try use cp instead of it.

> can you post your recovery.conf?

primary_conninfo = ''
restore_command = '/opt/omnipitr/bin/omnipitr-restore -l
/export/omnipitr/log/omnipitr-^Y^m^d.log -s
gzip=/export/vacation_wal_archive -f /export/omnipitr/finish.recovery -r
-sr -v -t /export/omnipitr/tmp/ %f %p'
archive_cleanup_command = '/opt/omnipitr/bin/omnipitr-cleanup -l
/export/omnipitr/log/cleanup.log -a gzip=/export/vacation_wal_archive %r'