Re: streaming replication question

From: Roberto Scattini <roberto(dot)scattini(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: wd <wd(at)wdicc(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: streaming replication question
Date: 2013-03-22 03:27:09
Lists: pgsql-general

On Thursday, March 21, 2013, wd <wd(at)wdicc(dot)com> wrote:
> You can combine warm standby and streaming, we do this in our product
database.
> When the standby is to far from the master, the slave will try to use
restore_command to restore the database(warm standby), when the standby
catch up the master, the steaming will working again.

> BTW: we use ominipitr.

ok. tomorrow i will check that again. i think that when restore_command was
enabled in the slave, the wal receiver proccess didnt appear (and i didnt
see the changes inmediately happening in the slave).

can you post your recovery.conf?

thanks for the reply!

--
Roberto Scattini