Re: Redesigning postgresql.org

From: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
To: Gevik Babakhani <gevik(at)postgresql(dot)nl>
Cc: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>, PostgreSQL WWW <pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Redesigning postgresql.org
Date: 2015-02-03 10:01:14
Lists: pgsql-www

On Tue, Feb 3, 2015 at 10:59 AM, Gevik Babakhani <gevik(at)postgresql(dot)nl>
wrote:

> > I think you misunderstood that a little. If Javascript is disabled,
> > the site should gracefully fall back to a mode where the content is
> > still readable and usable, but not necessarily as nicely.
>
> I was implying the same :)
> JS will become very important when presenting the website on a
> mobile/touch device. I am thinking out loud here, but not all
> functionality of the website would be needed (or maybe even make sense) on
> a touch device.
>

> > We do not want to change the backend from Django.
> >

> I am not a python/django developer (yet). So that is going to be a
> challenge ;) (But we’ll see)

Understood. But to change the design, there should be zero changes required
to the code, I believe. Or at least extremely few. Feel free to ping me if
you need to make any smaller changes and need assitance with those!

Oh, and btw, +<many> for the effort in general!

--
Magnus Hagander
Me: http://www.hagander.net/