Re: Redesigning postgresql.org

From: Gevik Babakhani <gevik(at)postgresql(dot)nl>
To: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
Cc: PostgreSQL WWW <pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Redesigning postgresql.org
Date: 2015-02-03 09:59:22
Lists: pgsql-www

> I think you misunderstood that a little. If Javascript is disabled,
> the site should gracefully fall back to a mode where the content is
> still readable and usable, but not necessarily as nicely.

I was implying the same :)
JS will become very important when presenting the website on a mobile/touch device. I am thinking out loud here, but not all functionality of the website would be needed (or maybe even make sense) on a touch device.

> We do not want to change the backend from Django.

I am not a python/django developer (yet). So that is going to be a challenge ;) (But we’ll see)