From: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
To: Simon Riggs <simon(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Cc: Damien Clochard <damien(at)dalibo(dot)info>, PostgreSQL WWW <pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org>, pgsql-www-owner(at)postgresql(dot)org
Date: 2017-11-29 14:28:24
Lists: pgsql-www

On Wed, Nov 29, 2017 at 3:24 PM, Simon Riggs <simon(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com> wrote:

> On 29 November 2017 at 20:29, Damien Clochard <damien(at)dalibo(dot)info> wrote:
>
> > I'm sorry to insist but my original message was a month ago and I have no
> > idea how to proceed...
>
> Back in 2004, there was huge interest in setting up a special list to
> discuss PITR. We did, then everyone waited for me to write the
> feature.
>
> As a result we said "no more special purpose lists".
>
> If anybody is actually planning to write emails to this list, why not
> start writing them now? Why wait?
>
> Just use the prefix "GUI". If we get enough people writing emails and
> code, then maybe a special list is worth having.

I think that the core difference is that pitr was basically a subset of
-hackers. (as was the win32-hackers list, which I believe was around the
same time)

My understanding at least is that the target audience for a "gui list" has
very little overlap with the target audience for the hackers list, right?

--
Magnus Hagander