Re: Custom sortation for file browser

From: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
To: Christophe Pettus <xof(at)thebuild(dot)com>
Cc: PostgreSQL WWW <pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Custom sortation for file browser
Date: 2017-10-06 08:16:56
Lists: pgsql-www

On Thu, Oct 5, 2017 at 7:02 PM, Christophe Pettus <xof(at)thebuild(dot)com> wrote:

> We probably want some kind of custom sortation for the file browser page
> at https://www.postgresql.org/ftp/source/, so v10 is not the last entry...

The file browser currently just sorts by filesystem order. I agree that it
probably wouldn't hurt to do something about that, but it affects other
directories as well (such as the binaries and the snapshots. Also a bunch
of directories in the repo subdirectories, but I'm not sure we care about
those), and they don't use the same naming conventions. So we need
something that's more flexible than a quick-fix (which is why this hasn't
already been done).

--
Magnus Hagander