Re: Docs Mailing List Delivery Issues

From: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
To: "David G(dot) Johnston" <david(dot)g(dot)johnston(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: PostgreSQL WWW <pgsql-www(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Date: 2020-08-04 11:07:19
Lists: pgsql-www

On Tue, Aug 4, 2020 at 2:11 AM David G. Johnston <david(dot)g(dot)johnston(at)gmail(dot)com>
wrote:

> Web Team,
>
> For a long time now many of the emails posted to the -docs mailing list,
> which do show up in the archive, do not get sent to me even though I am a
> subscriber to that list. I do get some, but not all, and rarely the
> original email.
>
> Specifically, today, I received the first reply, sent by Michael:
>
> https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/20200803074904.GO3317%40paquier.xyz
>
> But neither the original posting:
>

> https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/38d55061.9604.173b32c60ec.Coremail.mailtch%40163.com
>
> nor Tom's response to Michael's post:
>
> https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/2266167.1596453828%40sss.pgh.pa.us
>
> This is the only list where I have noticed this inconsistent delivery.

This definitely sounds very strange.

But in fact, I am more curious as to how you received *any* reply, as you
don't seem to be subscribed to the -docs list :) And according to our logs,
we did *not* deliver the reply by Michael to your address.

Are you by any chance subscribed to it using a different address than
david(dot)g(dot)johnston(at)gmail(dot)com? That could explain me not finding anything in
the logs...

--
Magnus Hagander