Re: Apt & Downloads page

From: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
To: Joshua Drake <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
Cc: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>, PostgreSQL WWW <pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>, Stefan Kaltenbrunner <stefan(at)kaltenbrunner(dot)cc>
Subject: Re: Apt & Downloads page
Date: 2015-06-11 09:52:31
Lists: pgsql-www

On May 14, 2015 8:03 PM, "Joshua D. Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com> wrote:

> On 05/14/2015 10:38 AM, Bruce Momjian wrote:
>>

>> On Sun, Aug 11, 2013 at 06:03:28PM +0200, Magnus Hagander wrote:

>>> +1, that information should definitely be on the website, and not the
>>> wiki (well, it can be on the wiki as well, of course, but we should
>>> not encourage people to run "random commands off the wiki" as root on
>>> their boxes)
>>

>> Do we want to do anything with this?
>

> I think we should. What would be even better is if (at least for Ubuntu)
our members could use apt-add-repository . In this day and age, we
shouldn't be copying and pasting commands, best practice is to turn those
commands into a script and execute a script.

So what would actually be required to use apt-add-repository? Does it
require some extra metadata to be published, or is it just about the
instructions themselves? If so,what should they be for Ubuntu?

/Magnus