Re: Approval of pgcharm git repo?

From: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
To: Stuart Bishop <stuart(at)stuartbishop(dot)net>
Cc: PostgreSQL WWW <pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Approval of pgcharm git repo?
Date: 2015-12-07 11:38:15
Lists: pgsql-www

On Thu, Dec 3, 2015 at 6:37 AM, Stuart Bishop <stuart(at)stuartbishop(dot)net>
wrote:

> Hi.
>
> I opened a request for a git repo on 19th Nov ('pgcharm', to host the
> PostgreSQL charm for Juju. Username 'stub'). Is there anything else I
> need to get this approved or not, or am I just waiting for the Turkey
> to digest?

You were waiting :) I wonder if the system has stopped sending out
notificatoins...

Is there a particular reason you'd want this hosted on git.postgresql.org
instead of launchpad where it appears to be now? And/or a particular reason
a service like github or bitbucket won't serve you better, given that they
have much more functionality?

In general we try to avoid doing "generic repo hosting" on
git.postgresql.org, unless there is a strong reason it should be there and
not somewhere else... Mainly to get you more features and not to increase
the sysadmin workload more than necessary...

--
Magnus Hagander
Me: http://www.hagander.net/