Re: Add PGCAC donation option

From: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
To: Daniel Gustafsson <daniel(at)yesql(dot)se>
Cc: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>, PostgreSQL WWW <pgsql-www(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Add PGCAC donation option
Date: 2022-06-30 09:51:52
Lists: pgsql-www

On Thu, Jun 30, 2022 at 11:29 AM Daniel Gustafsson <daniel(at)yesql(dot)se> wrote:

> > On 30 Jun 2022, at 10:43, Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org> wrote:
>
> > Any comments before I commit?
>
> +PostgreSQL Core Team to manage and protect key project assets such domain
> names
> +and trademarks.</p>
>
> Shouldn't that be "such as domain names"?
>
> +<input class="btn btn-primary" type="submit" name="submit" value="Donate
> to PGCAC" />
>
> The other donation buttons are links to pages about donation, and not
> direct
> actions (but I understand why this is). Maybe it should say "Donate to
> PGCAC
> by PayPal"?

+1. I definitely don't think we should make a form-post-to-paypal directly
without saying it's PayPal.

Even more, I think it'd be better to lin kit to a page on the cac homepage
which has the link -- both so it works the same as the others, but also so
that we (pgweb) don't end up with "ownership" of the actual paypal code in
the form.

And if needed, +1 for adding the button in general -- I think the only
reason we haven't had a button for pgcac before is that pgcac has asked for
there not to be one :)

--
Magnus Hagander