Re: Queries regarding staticfiles | pgarchives

From: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
To: Sahil Harpal <sahilharpal1234(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: PostgreSQL WWW <pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Queries regarding staticfiles | pgarchives
Date: 2022-06-14 21:22:39
Lists: pgsql-www

On Tue, Jun 14, 2022 at 6:02 PM Sahil Harpal <sahilharpal1234(at)gmail(dot)com>
wrote:

> Because it runs on the same hostname as www.postgresql.org, and otherwise
>> there would be a potential conflict. The folder /media/ is in the
>> filesystem, and should be served up as /media-static/ on http.
>>

> What am I supposed to do to resolve 404 I am getting for these urls?
> [image: image.png]

As I said, you need to make the folder /media/ be served up as
/media-static/. This is configuration in your webserver.

>> What do you mean "present in the github" and the one that's in
>> pgarchives? Where is it on github and where do you see it in pgarchives?
>>

> main.css file
> Present in the pgarchives github repository:
> https://github.com/postgres/pgarchives/blob/master/django/media/css/main.css
> The CSS that is being loaded for this page:
> https://www.postgresql.org/list/ (actual CSS that pgarchives using) I
> compared this by inspecting components in the browser.

Um. There is no reference from https://www.postgresql.org/list/ to main.css
in media-archives that I can see?

--
Magnus Hagander