Re: Turn off streaming replication - leaving Master running

From: Michael Paquier <michael(dot)paquier(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Andy Erskine <andy(dot)erskine(at)jds(dot)net(dot)au>
Subject: Re: Turn off streaming replication - leaving Master running
Date: 2015-06-30 05:22:28
Lists: pgsql-general

On Tue, Jun 30, 2015 at 1:39 PM, Andy Erskine <andy(dot)erskine(at)jds(dot)net(dot)au>
wrote:

> No i don't want a replica.
>
> I would like to reconfigure my streaming scenario into two standalone db's
> i don't want the Master to be effected in anyway and i want it running
> consistantly .. the secondary i want to reconfigure as a standalone to load
> a different db and do some testing.

When i've finished testing - i want to reconfigure for streaming again.

Well, in this case:
1) promote your standby
2) Run your tests on it.
3) Recreate a new standby
The documentation online, as well as the PostgreSQL wiki have all the
documentation to help you achieve those steps.
Regards,
--
Michael