Re: Detailed release notes

From: Marcos Pegoraro <marcos(at)f10(dot)com(dot)br>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>, Daniel Gustafsson <daniel(at)yesql(dot)se>, PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Detailed release notes
Date: 2024-08-22 19:33:18
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Em qui., 22 de ago. de 2024 às 14:27, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us> escreveu:

> I'd prefer to see this implemented in the website based on our
> existing markup practices. That way it would work for quite a
> few years' worth of existing release notes, not only future ones.
>
> I understand your point, and agree with that for previous releases, but
since we have a month only for version 17, will this process work properly
until that date ?
I think a release notes is more read as soon as it is available than other
months, isn't it ?
And this feature is just a HTML page, so if it's done manually or
automatically, from the reader point of view it'll be exactly the same.

regards
Marcos