Re: proposal: plpgsql, new check for extra_errors - strict_expr_check

From: Marcos Pegoraro <marcos(at)f10(dot)com(dot)br>
To: Pavel Stehule <pavel(dot)stehule(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: proposal: plpgsql, new check for extra_errors - strict_expr_check
Date: 2024-06-16 17:35:38
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Em dom., 16 de jun. de 2024 às 12:11, Pavel Stehule <pavel(dot)stehule(at)gmail(dot)com>
escreveu:

> I don't follow this idea - when it does not make sense, then why do you
> use it? It can be a signal of some issue in your code.

I don't use it, but sometimes it occurs, and there are lots of languages
which ignore it, so it would be cool if plpgsql does it too.

If you do this, works
set search_path to public;;;

but if you do the same inside a block, it does not.

regards
Marcos