Re: Detailed release notes

From: Marcos Pegoraro <marcos(at)f10(dot)com(dot)br>
To: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>
Cc: jian he <jian(dot)universality(at)gmail(dot)com>, Jelte Fennema-Nio <postgres(at)jeltef(dot)nl>, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Daniel Gustafsson <daniel(at)yesql(dot)se>, PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Detailed release notes
Date: 2024-09-13 21:41:30
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Em sex., 13 de set. de 2024 às 13:39, Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>
escreveu:

> I changed the patch to use the section symbol "§" instead of showing
> the hashes. The hashes seemed too detailed. Does anyone see a better
> symbol to use from here?

Robert and others liked commit hashes because you can do "git show
$COMMITID"

On my first email I used numbered links, because when you have several
links you know which one was clicked lastly

And brackets were useful to separate description, authors and commit links
of that item. <https://postgr.es/c/9acae56ce>

Anyway, one way or another, I'm ok because it's committed.

regards
Marcos