Re: Simple queries with JDBC escaped scalar functions result in exceptions

From: Vladimir Sitnikov <sitnikov(dot)vladimir(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Adam Rauch <adam(at)labkey(dot)com>, Andreas Joseph Krogh <andreas(at)visena(dot)com>
Cc: "pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Dave Cramer <pg(at)fastcrypt(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Simple queries with JDBC escaped scalar functions result in exceptions
Date: 2016-08-28 15:00:02
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

>The dollar sign ($) is the only case we came across in our test
environments, but it looks like a single quote (') or double quote (") in a
comment also trips up the parser. As do the two-character combinations {D,
{E, {F, {O, and {T... and their lowercase equivalents. A full set of test
queries that fail when executed via postgresql-9.4.1209.jar:

Thanks for the analysis.

I think
https://github.com/pgjdbc/pgjdbc/commit/2d9b313160dc5b73df2ae9001795592b37e8e8e0
should
fix the issue.

The fix is available in 9.4.1210-SNAPSHOT

Vladimir