Re: streaming replication question

From: Roberto Scattini <roberto(dot)scattini(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: streaming replication question
Date: 2013-03-21 19:05:07
Lists: pgsql-general

On Thu, Mar 21, 2013 at 3:45 PM, Roberto Scattini <
roberto(dot)scattini(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:

> i mean, i can have both configurations enabled?
>>

> no, i think my setup, with this config, is just doing warm standby. but
> the streaming replication was working before adding archive_command to
> master and restore_command to slave.

if i remove restore_command and archive_cleanup_command from recovery.conf
on slave the streaming replication works again.

so, i cant combine both methods? i must shut down my master to start the
streaming replication? this comment confused me:

# Specifies a command to load archive segments from the WAL archive. If
# wal_keep_segments is a high enough number to retain the WAL segments
# required for the standby server, this may not be necessary. But
# a large workload can cause segments to be recycled before the standby
# is fully synchronized, requiring you to start again from a new base
backup.
restore_command = 'cp /path_to/archive/%f "%p"'

--
Roberto Scattini