Re: BUG #17777: An assert failed in nodeWindowAgg.c

From: David Rowley <dgrowleyml(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>, xinwen(at)stu(dot)scu(dot)edu(dot)cn, pgsql-bugs(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: BUG #17777: An assert failed in nodeWindowAgg.c
Date: 2023-02-13 00:31:54
Lists: pgsql-bugs

On Mon, 13 Feb 2023 at 05:19, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us> wrote:
> Why is it okay to check only the filter, and not the rest of the
> WindowFunc's subexpressions? The arguments we've just run through
> seem to apply to a subplan in the direct or aggregated arguments
> as well.

Good point. I had just been thinking in terms of the reported bug to
make sure we inverse transition the same rows we transition. We also
need to make sure the transition value matches in both transition
directions.

I've adjusted the patch accordingly.

David

Attachment Content-Type Size
disable_inverse_transitions_when_wfunc_has_subplan_v2.patch text/plain 2.0 KB