Re: ANALYZE ONLY

From: David Rowley <dgrowleyml(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Michael Harris <harmic(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: ANALYZE ONLY
Date: 2024-09-01 09:31:18
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Sun, 1 Sept 2024 at 13:41, Michael Harris <harmic(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:

> I was not sure what to put for some of the fields - for 'reviewer' should
> I have put the people who have provided feedback on this thread?

I think it's fairly common that only reviewers either add themselves
or don't bother. I don't think it's common that patch authors add
reviewers. Some reviewers like their reviews to be more informal and
putting themselves as a reviewer can put other people off reviewing as
they think it's already handled by someone else. That may result in
the patch being neglected by reviewers.

> Is there anything else I need to do?

I see you set the target version as 17. That should be blank or "18".
PG17 is about to go into release candidate, so it is too late for
that. It's been fairly consistent that we open for new patches in
early July and close before the 2nd week of April the following year.
We're currently 2 months into PG18 dev. We don't back-patch new
features.

Nothing else aside from continuing to address reviews, as you are already.

David