Re: Postgresql - Pgbouncer Connection and Query Performance Problem

From: Samed YILDIRIM <samed(at)reddoc(dot)net>
To: Abdullah Ergin <abdullaherginwork(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Laurenz Albe <laurenz(dot)albe(at)cybertec(dot)at>, pgsql-admin(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Postgresql - Pgbouncer Connection and Query Performance Problem
Date: 2024-04-16 16:10:11
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hi Abdullah,

BufferIO and BufferMapping are different types of events than previous
ones. Your server is probably suffering because of intensive IO operations.
There can be big queries who are causing big read or write operations
and/or a significant number of active connections. I would check it at the
operating system level by using top command to see what is the percentage
for IO Wait (wa), system (sy), and software interrupts (si).

Judging by PgBouncer configuration, I suspect that shared_buffers would be
set to a huge number, proportional to the available memory. I would check
this configuration too. You would want to check swap usage too.

https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/monitoring-stats.html#MONITORING-PG-STAT-ACTIVITY-VIEW

Best regards.
Samed YILDIRIM