Re: Logical replication with temporary tables

From: Stuart Campbell <stuart(dot)campbell(at)ridewithvia(dot)com>
To: Christophe Pettus <xof(at)thebuild(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Logical replication with temporary tables
Date: 2024-07-03 01:16:42
Lists: pgsql-general

> This is a question for AWS. Community PostgreSQL doesn't have any of
> these concepts, and this is all proprietary modifications to PostgreSQL by
> Amazon.

My understanding was that under the hood, AWS uses the logical replication
features that are present in community Postgres. If that's incorrect then
I'm sorry for the off-topic post.

Maybe my question can be re-summarised as: do DDL operations on temporary
tables necessarily have to be written to the WAL? Is there a way to avoid
that?

--
This communication and any attachments may contain confidential information
and are intended to be viewed only by the intended recipients. If you have