Condition in a calculated field

From: JORGE MALDONADO <jorgemal1960(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Condition in a calculated field
Date: 2014-09-09 18:41:07
Lists: pgsql-novice

Can I use a calculated field in a WHERE condition of a SELECT statement? I
get a "column 'total' does not exist" error when I run the statement below.
'total' is a field generated by a SUM and I want to use it in the WHERE
condition.

SELECT
facturas.fce_id,
facturas.fce_numero_factura,
facturas.fce_fecha,
compradores.com_nombre,
facturas.fce_subdivision,
facturas.fce_valor_comercial,
SUM(facsub.fce_valor_comercial) AS total
FROM
trafico.facturas_exportacion facturas
INNER JOIN trafico.cat_compradores compradores ON (facturas.fce_comprador
= compradores.com_clave)
INNER JOIN trafico.facturas_exportacion facsub ON (facturas.fce_id =
facsub.fce_id_factura_original)
WHERE
facturas.fce_subdivision = true AND facturas.fce_valor_comercial > total
GROUP BY facturas.fce_id,compradores.com_clave

Respectfully,
Jorge Maldonado