TImestamp with milliseconds or ten thousandths of a second

From: JORGE MALDONADO <jorgemal1960(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: TImestamp with milliseconds or ten thousandths of a second
Date: 2016-09-01 22:36:05
Lists: pgsql-novice

Hi,

I am using PostgreSQL to develop an application in .NET where I use a
timestamp field. Actually, I am inserting records with the format
"yyyy/MM/dd HH:mm:ss". Is it possible to specify milliseconds or ten
thounsandths of a second? Is this a PostgreSQL issue or a .NET issue? I
guess it is a PostgreSQL issue because the error is generated by the
PostgreSQL data provider.

I am trying "yyyy/MM/dd HH:mm:ss.fff" for milliseconds and "yyyy/MM/dd
HH:mm:ss.ffff" for ten thousandths of a second but I get an error saying
that syntax is not valid.

Respectfully,
Jorge Maldonado