Re: TImestamp with milliseconds or ten thousandths of a second

From: Gary Evans <garyevans(dot)au(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: JORGE MALDONADO <jorgemal1960(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: TImestamp with milliseconds or ten thousandths of a second
Date: 2016-09-01 22:48:31
Lists: pgsql-novice

Hi Jorge,

PostgreSQL should store timestamps down to the microsecond.

Formatting should be:
MI minute (00-59)
SS second (00-59)
MS millisecond (000-999)
US microsecond (000000-999999)ffff is probably a .Net specifier. What API
are you using to connect to PostgreSQL? NGPSQL?

Can find details in the documentation here:
https://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.5/static/functions-formatting.html

Cheers
Gary