Re: Starting build-system work (Windows/Mac users please speak up)

From: Kartik Ohri <kartikohri13(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Chapman Flack <chap(at)anastigmatix(dot)net>
Cc: pljava-dev(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Starting build-system work (Windows/Mac users please speak up)
Date: 2020-06-17 17:15:29
Lists: pljava-dev

> (I'm not very familiar with Powershell but I was thinking it sounded

powerful enough it might directly support ODBC connections or something,
> and sure enough, [3].)

Out of the box, Powershell only supports MySQL server. ODBC drivers will be
required to be built from source for use with Powershell which I think will
not be worth the complexity. JDBC driver for Java or using python may be a
viable option. I haven't had much success with the python version though.

In any case, a very simple query suppressed INFO outputs SET
client_min_messages TO WARNING. What should be the behaviour if warnings
are found ? Should be marked as failed or passing.