Re: Starting build-system work (Windows/Mac users please speak up)

From: Kartik Ohri <kartikohri13(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Chapman Flack <chap(at)anastigmatix(dot)net>
Cc: pljava-dev(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Starting build-system work (Windows/Mac users please speak up)
Date: 2020-05-29 10:13:53
Lists: pljava-dev

> I don't think it will make much difference ... maybe start with a build
> that's against the latest supported PG. Once things are going, maybe we
> can get a better sense of which outputs from -Xcheck:jni are innocuous
> and which ones really deserve attention, and write a filter that cuts
> down that volume effectively, then it might be desirable to add the option
> to more of the builds.

I tested a build these -enableassertions and -Xcheck:jni flag enabled. The
output is at least over 30000 lines and causes the build to terminate
unsuccessfully as the it exceeds maximum supported log length. Please see
https://travis-ci.com/github/amCap1712/pljava/jobs/341362356 . I tried to
find but I couldn't find a flag to limit its log level to warning or above.
I have an idea to try to direct the output to a separate file instead to
standard output. And then search, the file for warnings and output those to
the standard log. There may be a few caveats I need to iron out but I think
it might work. Let me know your views on this.