Re: PL/Java new build plugin

From: Kartik Ohri <kartikohri13(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Chapman Flack <chap(at)anastigmatix(dot)net>
Cc: pljava-dev(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: PL/Java new build plugin
Date: 2020-07-25 18:05:53
Lists: pljava-dev

On Sat, Jul 25, 2020 at 11:30 PM Chapman Flack <chap(at)anastigmatix(dot)net>
wrote:

> On 07/25/20 00:59, Kartik Ohri wrote:
>
> >> Sure, I'll work on this first then. I'll add a JavaDoc Mojo and will see
> > the Maven JavaDoc plugin's implementation to see how it invokes the
> > JavaDoc. From the commit messages, I can gather that the pain point is
> the
> > lack of ability to configure it. I'll expose a method through the mojo
> just
> > like the previous one to fix that.
>
> I should have replied to this message first ... to clarify, I'm not
> really hoping for a JavaDoc mojo, just a scripting mojo that's usable
> in the site life-cycle.
>
> There shouldn't be anything that makes it specifically a JavaDoc mojo,
> other than what is written in the script block in the pom.
>
> Regards,
> -Chap

I understand that essentially clears up things. So, we want to be able to
do the same thing as pg_config with javadoc, right ?

Also, I am trying to run the javadoc tool directly to know how it works but
am getting some errors. Can you tell me the command I should execute to
build the docs successfully? I looked up online for tutorials but most
predate Java 9 and the module system so are not of much help.

Regards,
Kartik