Re: the ReportScriptingMojo

From: Kartik Ohri <kartikohri13(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Chapman Flack <chap(at)anastigmatix(dot)net>
Cc: pljava-dev(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: the ReportScriptingMojo
Date: 2020-08-19 12:04:23
Lists: pljava-dev

Hi!
I saw the PR has been merged. I have accordingly updated my working
branches. I am working on getting the PGXS to build pljava-so on linux
first and will then port to use the dispatcher javascript object as you
recommended. The changes can be seen at
https://github.com/amCap1712/pljava/commit/c970e5dfd0df7d36bf5840ce01c1c065b02917ed
.

The only thing left here is building the jar. I am unable to figure out how
that is being done. I see that maven-jar-plugin is being invoked from the
debug logs (probably by nar maven plugin) but the source is not very
helpful on seeing how to do that and what files to put in the jar. I looked
in the jar to see the contents and was even more surprised to see that it
only contains pom.xml, pom.properties, nar.properties and the manifest
only. There are no real files there. However, in the same directory as the
jar there are two nar files. One with the pljava-so shared lib and other
with the header files.

Can you explain how to approach the jar building steps and how do we want
to implement it (jar + nars) or a single jar?

Regards,
Kartik