Re: Just one Travis Mac OS build failed

From: Kartik Ohri <kartikohri13(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Chapman Flack <chap(at)anastigmatix(dot)net>
Cc: pljava-dev(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Just one Travis Mac OS build failed
Date: 2020-07-15 03:49:43
Lists: pljava-dev

On Wed, Jul 15, 2020, 4:41 AM Chapman Flack <chap(at)anastigmatix(dot)net> wrote:

> but for a very strange reason:
>
> /Users/travis/build/amCap1712/pljava/pljava-so/build.xml:72:
> /Users/travis/build/amCap1712/pljava/pljava-so/pg_config.h doesn't exist
>
> The line in build.xml says this:
>
> <filelist files="pg_config.h" dir="${PGSQL_INCLUDEDIR}"/>
>
> so it is very strange for Ant to complain about pg_config.h not being
> in its current directory. Of course it isn't, it's in $PGSQL_INCLUDEDIR!
>
> It is as if the dir= is being ignored, or $PGSQL_INCLUDEDIR is unset,
> or something. Just for this one build? Odd.

This is a known issue. Sometimes, one or two macOS builds fail. The
underlying cause is that macports is unable to connect using rsync protocol
to the outside world. This happens once in a while and since we have 10
macOS VMs in a build, it happens in every or every second build.

I had opened a ticket with the Travis support regarding this but they
rubbished it as an issue with Github availability. I'll rerun the build and
it passed https://travis-ci.com/github/amCap1712/pljava/builds/175645465.
This is a bit annoying. I do not know how to solve this yet. Last time I
checked, the macports devs themselves face this issue. I'll recheck with
them to know if a solution has been found. For the time being, the solution
is to manually rerun the failing job from Travis dashboard.