Re: PL/Java new build plugin

From: Kartik Ohri <kartikohri13(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Chapman Flack <chap(at)anastigmatix(dot)net>
Cc: pljava-dev(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: PL/Java new build plugin
Date: 2020-07-15 11:27:32
Lists: pljava-dev

> Even though pg_config explicitly writes
>> a single \n character on every platform, Windows (probably the C library
>> really) still changes it to \r\n before it arrives on the pipe.
>
> This was indeed the case. I also confirmed with a C dev in ##c and they
said that C changes \n to \r\n on Windows. I have fixed this issue. There
is no longer any include path error. There was another error related nar
maven which I was able to fix by setting PGSQL_PKGLIBDIR in addition to
other variables. The plugin now works on windows as well.

I had suspected the same but didn't test it due to some reason I seem to
> have forgotten but I will do that now.

This has been also fixed by replacing PG=9 with PG=9.6. I chose 9.6 because
it is the only 9.x PG available in appveyor. If we want to test against any
other 9.x PG, then we need to install it separately.