Re: Create Partitions !

From: Kashif Zeeshan <kashi(dot)zeeshan(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: rocky user <madhavjpn567(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-admin(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Create Partitions !
Date: 2024-07-11 16:46:36
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hi Rocky

Yes, it is possible to partition an existing table with millions of records
based on a specific column, even if that column has VARCHAR values.

Please refer to following
https://rodoq.medium.com/partition-an-existing-table-on-postgresql-480b84582e8d
https://dba.stackexchange.com/questions/106014/how-to-partition-existing-table-in-postgres

Regards