Are there any web-client-side calls to the database from pg admin?

From: Aidan Hoolachan <owner(at)artmix(dot)io>
To: pgadmin-support(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Are there any web-client-side calls to the database from pg admin?
Date: 2019-09-04 06:19:23
Lists: pgadmin-support

Hello,

We are using AWS to host a postgresql server and we would like to keep the
database as isolated as possible from external networks. We plan to provide
a route from the pgAdmin host to the database, and then to provide a http
route from pgAdmin to our network for access in the browser. We hope that
pgAdmin does not require direct access from the browser to the database.

Does the site need to connect to the database from the web browser client
or is the connection established entirely on the web server?

Are there any security features of pgAdmin that we might not be aware of?

Thanks!