Re: pg_verifybackup: TAR format backup verification

From: Amul Sul <sulamul(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Sravan Kumar <sravanvcybage(at)gmail(dot)com>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: pg_verifybackup: TAR format backup verification
Date: 2024-09-27 06:06:25
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Thu, Sep 26, 2024 at 12:18 AM Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:

> On Thu, Sep 12, 2024 at 7:05 AM Amul Sul <sulamul(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
> > The updated version attached. Thank you for the review !
>
> I have spent a bunch of time on this and have made numerous revisions.
> I hope to commit the result, aftering seeing what you and the
> buildfarm think (and anyone else who wishes to offer an opinion).
> Changes:

Thank you, Robert. The code changes look much better now.

A few minor comments:

+ each tablespace, named after the tablespace's OID. If the backup
+ is compressed, the relevant compression extension is added to the
+ end of each file name.

I am a bit unsure about the last line, especially the use of the word
"added." I feel like it's implying that we're adding something, which
isn't true.
--

Typo: futher

--

The addition of simple_ptr_list_destroy will be part of a separate
commit, correct?

Regards,
Amul