Re: puzzling perl DBI vs psql problem

From: Dennis Jenkins <dennis(dot)jenkins(dot)75(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: puzzling perl DBI vs psql problem
Date: 2014-03-13 20:53:58
Lists: pgsql-general

1)
Run both "psql" and "perl" under "strace" and search the output for which
sockets it connects to.
eg, strace -o /tmp/psql.log psql -Upgsql -dmydatabase -c"select
version();"

2)
Add a query into your perl script to perform the following SQL and print
the results:

select current_database();
select current_schema();
select inet_server_addr();
select current_user;
(and others, see
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.3/static/functions-info.html for more
functions)
Do the same from your "psql". Compare the output. Are you 110% sure that
you are connecting to the same database, as the same user, and using the
same schema?