Re: Documentation to upgrade logical replication cluster

From: Amit Kapila <amit(dot)kapila16(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: vignesh C <vignesh21(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Peter Smith <smithpb2250(at)gmail(dot)com>, "Hayato Kuroda (Fujitsu)" <kuroda(dot)hayato(at)fujitsu(dot)com>, PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>, Bharath Rupireddy <bharath(dot)rupireddyforpostgres(at)gmail(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Documentation to upgrade logical replication cluster
Date: 2024-09-25 08:36:44
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Tue, Sep 24, 2024 at 9:42 PM vignesh C <vignesh21(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:

> Reordered the docs to enable the subscription before creating the
> table. For bi-directional replication, a publication refresh is
> necessary on both nodes: a) First, refresh the publication on the old
> version server to set the newly added tables to a ready state in the
> pg_subscription_rel catalog.

This is not required for table-specific publications and isn't needed
for the examples mentioned in the patch. So, I have removed this part
and pushed the patch. BTW, you choose to upgrade the publisher first
but one can upgrade the subscriber first as well. If so, we can add a
note to the documentation.

--
With Regards,
Amit Kapila.