Re: Why is subscription/t/031_column_list.pl failing so much?

From: Amit Kapila <amit(dot)kapila16(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: vignesh C <vignesh21(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Alexander Lakhin <exclusion(at)gmail(dot)com>, Noah Misch <noah(at)leadboat(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Date: 2024-02-19 08:49:54
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Thu, Feb 15, 2024 at 10:46 AM vignesh C <vignesh21(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:

> On Thu, 15 Feb 2024 at 08:42, Amit Kapila <amit(dot)kapila16(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
> >

> > To resolve the BF
> > failure, I still feel, we should just recreate the subscription. This
> > is a pre-existing problem and we can track it via a separate patch
> > with a test case targetting such failures.
>
> +1 for going with recreation of the subscription, the changes for this
> are available at [1].
> [1] - https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/CALDaNm1hLZW4H4Z61swK6WPW6pcNcjzXqw%3D6NqG7e-RMtkFaZA%40mail.gmail.com

Tom, and others, does anyone still object to going ahead with an idea
by just changing the test to recreate the subscription to silence BF
failures for this test?

Note that Vignesh has already started a thread [1] to add an option
(or otherwise) to ignore publication lookup failures.

[1] - https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/CALDaNm0-n8FGAorM%2BbTxkzn%2BAOUyx5%3DL_XmnvOP6T24%2B-NcBKg%40mail.gmail.com

--
With Regards,
Amit Kapila.