Re: Investigate postgres 9.6.3 repmgr lag 4.0.4

From: Mariel Cherkassky <mariel(dot)cherkassky(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Ron <ronljohnsonjr(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-admin(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Investigate postgres 9.6.3 repmgr lag 4.0.4
Date: 2018-06-25 06:44:02
Lists: pgsql-admin

To be honest I used most of the default settings of repmgr and didnt focus
on replication slot because I didnt saw that is was mentioned in the
documentation. I will schedule soon a maintenance work to upgrade the
cluster to version 10. I dont have any firewalls between all the nodes. So
the optimal use is configure replication slot. Another question , "have it
fail over to using the archived WALs instead of full database restore" How
do I configure this ?

Thanks , Mariel.