Re: Investigate postgres 9.6.3 repmgr lag 4.0.4

From: Rui DeSousa <rui(at)crazybean(dot)net>
To: Mariel Cherkassky <mariel(dot)cherkassky(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Ron <ronljohnsonjr(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgsql-admin(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Investigate postgres 9.6.3 repmgr lag 4.0.4
Date: 2018-06-25 14:21:23
Lists: pgsql-admin

> On Jun 25, 2018, at 2:44 AM, Mariel Cherkassky <mariel(dot)cherkassky(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
>
> "have it fail over to using the archived WALs instead of full database restore" How do I configure this ?

With Postgres replication, it’s configured it in the recovery.conf file using the “restore_command”. It would amount to a some script that connect into your backups and pulls the requested WAL file.

https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/static/archive-recovery-settings.html <https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/static/archive-recovery-settings.html>

When you say no firewall; that is bit confusing and I’m left assuming that the nodes are on the same subnet? I normally only use replication slots with either a backup solution or a replia that is going over a WAN. I am bit perplex why replication would fall that far behind on a local network (send lag not replay lag). What is the interconnect; is it gigabit or 10g and what the volume of WALs being generated? Might have a network related issue here.

I haven’t used repmgr; thus I can’t help there.