Re: [EXTERNAL] Re: Windows Application Issues | PostgreSQL | REF # 48475607

From: Thomas Munro <thomas(dot)munro(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Sandeep Thakkar <sandeep(dot)thakkar(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
Cc: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>, "Haifang Wang (Centific Technologies Inc)" <v-haiwang(at)microsoft(dot)com>, Rahul Pandey <pandeyrah(at)microsoft(dot)com>, Vishwa Deepak <Vishwa(dot)Deepak(at)microsoft(dot)com>, Shawn Steele <Shawn(dot)Steele(at)microsoft(dot)com>, Amy Wishnousky <amyw(at)microsoft(dot)com>, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, "pgsql-bugs(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-bugs(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>, Shweta Gulati <gulatishweta(at)microsoft(dot)com>, Ashish Nawal <nawalashish(at)microsoft(dot)com>
Subject: Re: [EXTERNAL] Re: Windows Application Issues | PostgreSQL | REF # 48475607
Date: 2024-07-25 06:08:49
Lists: pgsql-bugs

On Tue, Jul 23, 2024 at 12:12 AM Sandeep Thakkar
<sandeep(dot)thakkar(at)enterprisedb(dot)com> wrote:
> Thomas, I can generate the test installer with your patch and share here so this issue can be tested before the minor release?

That might be useful, thanks! If someone wants to try it out on a
real Windows system.

. o O { I wonder if it could ever be possible to have that automated
via CI. Imagine if I/anyone could clone the EDB installer github
repo, and push a small patch into a private branch that tells it where
to pull PostgreSQL sources from, including any public git branch
including commitfest ones, and some options like with/without
assertions, and have CI spit out a new installer as an artifact?
Hopefully non-REL_XXX_STABLE branches would have a big warning on the
GUI so that users would never accidentally think it's a real release.
}