Re: Re: edb installation failed for pgadmin when username is Chinese under c;\user #7432

From: Thomas Munro <thomas(dot)munro(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: 周志勤 <joe(dot)zhou(at)dualhelios(dot)com>
Cc: Laurenz Albe <laurenz(dot)albe(at)cybertec(dot)at>, pgsql-bugs <pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Sandeep Thakkar <sandeep(dot)thakkar(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>, pgsql-bugs-owner <pgsql-bugs-owner(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Re: edb installation failed for pgadmin when username is Chinese under c;\user #7432
Date: 2024-05-06 01:37:37
Lists: pgsql-bugs

On Mon, May 6, 2024 at 1:15 PM 周志勤 <joe(dot)zhou(at)dualhelios(dot)com> wrote:
> I have reported a bug on postgreSQL on the bug in the title as you
advised.

> However it has been rejected by postgreSQL as they think it should be
reported on pgadmin.

> Do you have any coordination mechnism bewteen pgadmin and postgresql to
avoid ping-pong there ? or I have some misuderstanding there?

Hi Joe,

https://github.com/EnterpriseDB/edb-installers/issues/106 seems to be still
open, no?

Note there are three separate projects here:

1. PostgreSQL (that's what this mailing list, pgsql-bugs, is about)
2. EDB PostgreSQL installer for Windows
3. PGAdmin (a GUI for using PostgreSQL)

As far as I can tell so far, the problem you reported is in #2, and that
https://github.com/EnterpriseDB/edb-installers/issues/106 seems to be in
the right place to talk to the right people about that, or if not,
hopefully they will explain why not. As for why you saw that error when
you were installing PGAdmin, leading to the first ping-pong cycle, perhaps
the Windows installer for #3 also installs #2 or something like that? I
dunno because I don't use Windows or those installers myself... I was just
trying to redirect things to the right people... Hopefully there will be a
response there!