Re: Postgis example TestAutoregister is not working due to missing getVersion() from pgjdbc community jar

From: Jorge Solórzano <jorsol(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Vladimir Sitnikov <sitnikov(dot)vladimir(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Dave Cramer <pg(at)fastcrypt(dot)com>, Fahar Abbas <fahar(dot)abbas(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>, List <pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Postgis example TestAutoregister is not working due to missing getVersion() from pgjdbc community jar
Date: 2017-08-04 18:27:05
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

Please don't remove the deprecated annotation, postgis-jdbc should have not
used that method in first place, and it's just a convenience method that
should not be public.
It's ok to have that method forever, but the deprecated annotation is a
clear sign that it should not be used, for future use.

I get the problem with current getMajor/MinorVersion, but isn't more
appropriate to redirect anyone directly to org.postgresql.util.DriverInfo
for those that want "special" formating? (here with a big asterisk that
this class should not be for "public use").

Jorge Solórzano