Re: BUG #17311: Google search results: Outdated docs at the top

From: Francisco Olarte <folarte(at)peoplecall(dot)com>
To: guettliml(at)thomas-guettler(dot)de, pgsql-bugs(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: BUG #17311: Google search results: Outdated docs at the top
Date: 2021-12-03 16:48:23
Lists: pgsql-bugs

On Fri, 3 Dec 2021 at 14:04, PG Bug reporting form
<noreply(at)postgresql(dot)org> wrote:
> Logged by: Thomas Güttler
> Email address: guettliml(at)thomas-guettler(dot)de
> If I google for "postgresql unique constraint", then I see "Documentation:
> 9.4".
> Why does google prefer the outdated version?

Same happens here. My guess is a lot of people do click it and, then,
if they know it, go to the relevant version through the links in the
page, and google does not see the click and thinks the page is
inmensely popular and relevant.

The same happens with lot of other things, one of my top jujel wishes
is "remember I selected last year in search options".

Francisco Olarte.