BUG #17311: Google search results: Outdated docs at the top

From: PG Bug reporting form <noreply(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: guettliml(at)thomas-guettler(dot)de
Subject: BUG #17311: Google search results: Outdated docs at the top
Date: 2021-12-03 07:59:21
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Bug reference: 17311
Logged by: Thomas Güttler
Email address: guettliml(at)thomas-guettler(dot)de
PostgreSQL version: Unsupported/Unknown
Operating system: web

If I google for "postgresql unique constraint", then I see "Documentation:
9.4".

Why does google prefer the outdated version?

I guess someone with more SEO-knowledge than I have could find the
relevant
html-meta data which is needed to point google (and the users) to the
current
version of the docs.

I see this since years, and I guess you have noticed it, too.