Re: 9.5 Release press coverage

From: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
Cc: Simon Riggs <simon(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>, Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>, Umair Shahid <umair(dot)shahid(at)gmail(dot)com>, "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>, Adrian Klaver <adrian(dot)klaver(at)aklaver(dot)com>, David Fetter <david(at)fetter(dot)org>, PostgreSQL Advocacy <pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: 9.5 Release press coverage
Date: 2016-01-13 16:40:38
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

On Wed, Jan 13, 2016 at 9:57 AM, Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net> wrote:
>> a company to begin with the name of that company. The press release
>> says in the first sentence that the release was made by the PostgreSQL
>> community. Simon seems to think that's unacceptable, but I can say
>
> Are we looking at the same thing? In mine it says that in the first sentence
> of the third paragraph, not the first sentence (4th paragraph if you include
> the tagline). I'm looking at
> http://www.postgresql.org/message-id/CAOW=PeL3KBBOFDhQBR2GCw-s2afEw8iWy+dF38PaiYGa4=VrVQ@mail.gmail.com.

I forgot to respond to this point specifically. Yes, we are looking
at the same thing. I will quote the entire email up to the point
where it mentions that that the release was made by the PostgreSQL
community.

### BEGIN QUOTE ###
*Performs 96% faster than v9.4 in benchmark tests*

*Bedford, Mass. – Jan. 7, 2016* – EnterpriseDB <http://www.enterprisedb.com
(EDB™), the leading enterprise Postgres database company, today announced
the general availability of PostgreSQL 9.5, released by the Postgres
community.
### END OF QUOTE ###

Those last four words, "released by the Postgres community", are
contained in the first complete sentence of the email.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company