Re: pg_verifybackup: TAR format backup verification

From: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Amul Sul <sulamul(at)gmail(dot)com>, Sravan Kumar <sravanvcybage(at)gmail(dot)com>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: pg_verifybackup: TAR format backup verification
Date: 2024-10-01 16:06:19
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Tue, Oct 1, 2024 at 10:48 AM Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us> wrote:
> Sure, I can try it on mamba's host. It's slow though ...

OK, thanks.

> I apologize for rubbing you the wrong way on this. It was not my
> intent. (But, in fact, I had not realized you copied that code
> from somewhere else.)

That's good to hear, but I'm still slightly puzzled because you
started by complaining about the comment and the comment, as I read
it, says that it's copied. So either the comment isn't as clear as I
think it is, or you didn't read it before complaining about it. We
don't have to keep going back and forth on this. I'm happy to have you
change it in any way that you feel suitable, with or without adjusting
pg_rewind to match. There wouldn't have been a lengthy comment here if
I'd been certain what the right thing to do was; and I wasn't. If you
are, great!

--
Robert Haas
EDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com